Frequently Asked Questions

Most frequent questions and answers regarding university placement services

What is InCIS?

We at InCIS are a group of experienced staff, there to help you every step of the way in order for admission into institutions abroad. We provide thorough academic counselling on a one-on-one basis.

Does the universities have rankings?

The universities do have rakings, but we recommend not placing too much weight and attention to such statistics, as a lower-ranked institution maybe well renowned or suited for your particular area of study.

What are the documents required for applying to institutions abroad?

  • In order to apply to an institution abroad, you must provide InCIS with the following:
  • Academic Certificate(s)
  • O Level 
  • A Level
  • SSC and HSC 
  • Mark Sheet(s)
  • School transcripts or report cards from class 9 up to 12
  • Teacher’s Recommendation(s)
  • Extra-Curricular Activities with supporting document(s)
  • SAT / TOEFL / IELTS score(s)

Masters and Doctorate programs have some additional entry requirements, Please visit Masters and Doctorate pages for updated information regarding entry requirements.

What is the difference in the tuition and living expenses between the countries?

Depending on whether you are in USA, Canada, UK or Australia, the tuition and living expenses can vary widely. A private institution is always more expensive than a public one. Tuition can also vary depending on the length of the program. The living costs also depend on the city in which you stay and the lifestyle you follow. In general, American universities are the most expensive.

How long does it take to get a reply from the institution?

After applying, it can take as long as 10-15 weeks to get an official letter of acceptance from the university. This delay depends on many factors. However, an acknowledgement letter of your application is usually mailed within 2 weeks.





What standardized tests do I have to take when applying?

Depending on where you want to apply to, you may have to take either one or a combination of the following tests, if you have not taken them already:

  • SAT I
  • SAT subject tests

Applying for Masters or Doctorate programs require additional standardize aptitude test scores. Please visit Masters and Doctorate pages for updated information regarding entry requirements.

Are scholarships available? If so, where can I get further details on this matter?

Yes, these universities do offer a wide range of scholarships for international students but are very competitive. We recommend applying for need-based financial aid to these institutions instead. InCIS staff can help you in this regard.

Are there any counselling fees for InCIS?

Yes. Depending on the number of applications processed, we will charge you accordingly. Contact InCIS for details.


What are the benefits of applying through InCIS?

We at InCIS are experienced staff with proven records of successfully having sent many students abroad. Besides:

  • Our students are advised by past students of ours’, who have already settled abroad.
  • We take care of all aspects of your application
  • We provide up-to-date information regarding all matters
  • We help in preparing all relevant documents including papers for the visa
  • We provide formal classes for SAT, IELTS and TOEFL right here
  • We assist in registration for these tests
  • We also provide courier service support for your documents

Are students allowed to work while studying abroad?

In order to work part-time, students must obtain a work permit first. In order to get one, the applicant must be registered as a full-time student at the university. On obtaining the permit, they can work as long as they don’t exceed the allotted time (usually 20 hours/week).





How can we contact InCIS while we are studying abroad?

We value feedback from our students. So, you can always contact us through email at information@incis.info. Or you could visit our website at www.incis.info and use the feedback form of the contact page.

Do the institutions abroad have lodging/housing facilities?

Yes. The universities abroad usually have housing facilities for its students. Sometimes, the universities also guarantee room for all its’ first-year students who are newcomers. You can arrange for housing after being accepted into an institution. InCIS staff would help you with this matter.

Do they come with private washrooms?

The residences available are usually shared rooms and do not come with private washrooms, so they might have to be shared with a few other tenants. If students find this to be unacceptable, they can contact the local housing authority for alternate arrangements (if available) or rent a residence off-campus.

When does the academic year begin?

Depends on where you apply to. The American, Canadian and UK timings are similar and both start in August/September with few admissions in January as well. The Australian year, however, starts in February with a few admissions in July also. The European countries application deadlines vary significantly.

When is the best time to submit the application?

The universities have deadlines for submission of documents. We also recommend applying for the ‘Fall’ term which starts in September for USA, UK and Canada and February for Australia, as international students have a higher chance of admission. We recommend starting on the application at least 6 months prior to the start of the academic year.

Is a health check-up required prior to the flight as part of the visa processing?

Depending on where you apply to, a health check-up may or may not be required. Usually, though, a check-up is required for Australia, Canada, USA and  the UK.


Can I apply for a science/management faculty even if I don’t have such a background?

Yes, you can do so. The university would allow you to apply to any faculty irrelevant of your previous area of study. We recommend carrying on along the same line as it would be easier for the student to get accustomed to.

Do the universities require an advance deposit for acceptance?

Yes. The universities do require an advance deposit from you once you have accepted their offer of admission as a means of confirmation and assurance.

What is the difference between Early Decisions and Early Actions?

Early Decision and Early Action are options that allow you to apply to a college early and receive the admissions department’s decision in advance of traditional applicants. Many colleges now offer early admission programs because they present significant advantages; applicants can receive increased consideration since colleges tend to admit a higher percentage of early applicants than they do normal applicants. There’s also the obvious benefit of advanced peace of mind if accepted and more time to plan for the move to the school. Colleges enjoy the benefit of enrolling students who really want to go to their school and meeting enrollment goals early.

In addition to the benefits of early admission, there are also restrictions that are important to understand. Early Decision, for example, is binding; if you submit Early Decision to a college and they accept, you must attend that college. You will also not be able to apply for more financial aid after this point. Early Action, on the other hand, is not binding; you can submit Early Action to a college, get accepted and have until the following spring to decide whether or not you want to attend.

What happens if you are not accepted by any of the universities you applied?

If you have not been accepted to any of the schools you applied to, you still have options. Though colleges rarely reverse an admission decision, you can try calling the admissions department to see what their policy is on an appeal. Appeals are usually only considered when you can prove there was information missing, overlooked, or that something was entered incorrectly on your application materials, such as your school counselor submitting the wrong grades.

Another option is applying to a two-year community or junior college. Such schools typically have fewer admission requirements, often have rolling admissions (applications are accepted for a longer period of time), are less expensive and can help get you into a four-year school in the future by way of a transfer.

Lastly, if you’re willing to wait a little bit, you could try to improve your application by retaking the ACT/SAT for a higher score and then reapply next semester. Just make sure to check the schools’ reapplication rules.

Do the universities require an advance deposit for acceptance?​

Yes. The universities do require an advance deposit from you once you have accepted their offer of admission as a means of confirmation and assurance.

Is writing A College Essay critical part of an application?

A good college essay is a critical part of the application process. The essay can often be a distinguishing factor for an applicant, so you want it to be well-written. However, don’t be intimidated; the most important element of a college essay is that it’s about you. Even if a topic is chosen for you already, a college essay is really just a way for admissions advisors to get to know you more intimately, hear your perspective and relate to you on a personal level. This is one area you know a lot about, so just remember to infuse as much of “you” as possible into your essay.

Is Interview mandatory?

A college interview is an opportunity for you to make a personal impression on an admissions officer and increase your chances of acceptance into a college. Most colleges don’t require an interview; however, having that face-to-face interaction with an admissions officer can prove invaluable come application review time. It’s a way for you to differentiate yourself from others and show your personality in a way that you can’t on a piece of paper. Practice and preparation will help you do well during your college interview.

Do you need to pay Application Fees?

For just about every US college application you submit, you’ll be required to pay a nonrefundable application fee which ranges from $43 to $120. It’s important to keep this in mind as it may affect the number of colleges to which you want to apply. Students from low-income families may also request application-fee waivers which are available through most college admissions offices.

Canadian universities application fees is quite higher than any other countries. It also require supplementary fees which makes the overall fees a lot higher than USA universities.

How to make final decision

After all the hard work that goes into the application process, receiving your admission notifications can be exciting. Most colleges start notifying students in early spring, either by email, or traditional letter, or both. Upon receiving your notifications, you only have a few weeks to decide which school you will attend, since most colleges set May 1 as the deadline for committing to a school.

The difficulty of your final decision depends on how many schools you got into and whether you were accepted to your dream school, possible schools or safety schools. If you have been accepted by ALL of the colleges you applied to, ironically, your decision could be more difficult. To help, review the research you did on each school and your priorities. By re-evaluating what’s most important to you, you will find the right fit. If you have been accepted to only some of the colleges you applied to, your decision will actually be a bit easier. Use the same criteria to find the school best suited to you.

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSS Profile

To qualify for financial aid, a very important application is the FAFSA (for domestic students), and it’s what you should start with first. The FAFSA is a form that provides the federal government with all of your financial information and helps the government determine what kind of financial aid you qualify for. The FAFSA also requires information from your parents or guardian, so make sure you have access to their tax information before you apply.

Another online financial-aid application that’s become popular with private colleges and scholarship programs is the CSS PROFILE (for International students). The PROFILE is similar to the FAFSA in that it collects your financial information, but it goes more in-depth and costs at least $25 to fill out. However, a limited amount of fee waivers are available to low-income students.

Upon completing the FAFSA or PROFILE, start looking into specific financial-aid opportunities and corresponding payment plans. The different forms of financial aid described above can often be combined with whatever you receive through FAFSA for additional help. With a little determination and research, financial aid can allow students, no matter what their income level is, to meet the costs of college.

Open chat
Can we help you?